Here we talk about playing in a lane against Darius. Darius is a top lane champion (mainly) played aggressively due to his passive. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Darius while playing top lane.
Table of Contents
Best Darius Counters
Darius Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Darius, you can finally counter pick Darius in any matchup. Let's take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Darius. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Darius. After all, if you know how to play against Darius, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Darius in a lane.
- Kayle is strong against Darius because of her ult. You do have to be a bit careful pre-6 due to jungler ganks. But by level 6 there should be nothing Darius can do. His ult has a long cast animation and you can ult yourself to block the damage.
- Kayle also outranges Darius when using her abilities.
Play safe early game by poking with an automatic attack, activate E and get off a few more autos if possible. Make sure you hit him with your E then retreat and repeat until you can all in or until he recalls. It's a good idea to start with Blade of the Ruined King or Triforce.
- Harass! Harass! Harass! Darius does not have a gap closer. Hence, you can kite him while he tries to E you. Keep your distance.
- Let your E eat away at his health with the damage over time.
- Don't get caught by him but if you do, use Q (your blind). It helps because he can't stack his passive from his auto attack or W. Your W also gives you a speed boost to escape.
Tips For Playing Against Darius
- Pay attention to his Apprehend ability. Try to stay out of its range. Once he uses it and it is on cooldown, he is incredibly easy to kite.
- Try to deny him a reset on his ultimate with a shield/heal. This significantly lowers his damage output in a team fight.
- Always be mindful of his passive Hemorrhage. Sustaining multiple stacks potentially doubles the true damage dealt by Noxian Guillotine, his ultimate.
- After the circle of his Q's channeling appears, it's safer to stay directly near him. Receiving a hit within the interior of the circle deals less damage and does not apply Haemorrhage.
By using the champions who counter Darius and the LoL Darius counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Darius players.