Caitlyn is an ADC champion in League of Legends. She has one of the longest ranges in the game. Adding to her range is her ult, Ace In The Hole which has, even more, range and deals heavy damage. Caitlyn summoners typically play her bottom lane. In this article, we discuss some tips to help you counter Caitlyn.
Table of Contents
Best Caitlyn Counters
Caitlyn Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Caitlyn, you can finally counter pick Caitlyn in any matchup. Let's take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Caitlyn. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Caitlyn. After all, if you know how to play against Caitlyn, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Caitlyn in a lane.
- Sivirs spell shield is really easy to use against a Caitlyn, you can use it against all of her moves especially her traps, her Q, and ultimate take a short animation to do making it even easier to use your spell shield when she targets you with her abilities.
- However, although Caitlyn's traps are a good source of mana, know that using your E for that makes it very obvious when you are vulnerable to an initiation.
In the early game, Caitlyn out damages and out ranges Tristana. However, during late laning phase, try to trade with her because of your scaling range. Try not to engage early. Communicate with your support!
Braum's Unbreakable is very useful against Caitlyn. It blocks her Q, E, or R. Also use your Unbreakable to block Caitlyn's auto attack damage (passive).
Tips For Playing Against Caitlyn
- When laning against Caitlyn, be sure to stay behind minions so her Piltover Peacemaker (Q) does less damage.
- Caitlyn's ultimate, though it has a long range, is easily blocked by other champions on your team. Always try to stand behind an ally with more health/defenses that you if she targets you with her R.
- Caitlyn's net (E) can be interrupted by an instant stun, knock-up, or a displacement ability. Use this to prevent her escape or her slowing you and performing her E auto-attack Q combo.
- Her Yordle Snap Trap (W) takes time to set up after placed. Hence, you can run over it the instant she places one.
- When Caitlyn's E is on cooldown, she has no means of escape (outside of Flash). Take advantage of this and hard engage her.
- When using Zonya's to negate the effects of Caitlyns ultimate, if possible use Zhonya only AFTER Caitlyn has shot the bullet. Using Zhonya beforehand will only put her ultimate on a short CD, while after the shot is fired her ultimate will go on a full CD.
- Don't try and fight her in bushes, as it allows her to get more headshot procs off.
- Piltover Peacemaker has a channel time. Use this information to avoid it.
By using the champions who counter Caitlyn and the LoL Caitlyn counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Caitlyn players.
You might also like: