Braum is a tank/support League of Legends champion. His kit allows him to intercept damage, slow/stun his opponents and knock up enemy champions. Braum is a formidable foe, so if you meet him in a lane, here are some tips to help you effectively counter Braum.
Best Braum Counters
Braum Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Braum, you can finally counter pick Braum in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Braum. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Braum. After all, if you know how to play against Braum, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Braum in a lane.
- As Morgana, watch for his passive proc and use your shield to counter the stun on the passive. If you proc his passive while shielded he won’t be able to do the passive again on the same person for a little bit, use this to your advantage.
- If in a situation where Braum’s carry is low HP, stun Braum so he can’t shield his carry from any last hits.
- The two things that Braum is good for is his tanky build and his hard (crowd control) CC. You can eliminate one of those things. Morg’s spell shield can cancel that CC from both his passive and Q.
Leona’s E and ult both bypass his Unbreakable, and her Q and ult are both instantaneous stuns abilities. The locked down target cannot follow up to get the stun if Braum triggers Concussive Blows on her or another target.
As Alistar you can take Braum out of by using your W. It is good for not letting him get his stack passive or not letting him stack it more.
If Braum uses Unbreakabledon’t R+Q or it will be wasted. Use W to snare him and land the Q when Unbreakable wears off instead.
Braum is meant to prevent burst damage in engagements. In lane, poke him down with Zyra’s W-E combo frequently. If he is low HP, he can’t zone you. His power is in his potential to engage. Take that away from him by lowering his hp.
Braum is a tank with a lot of Crowd Control abilities. Using your Polymorph on him will prevent him from adding a stack of Concussive Blows.
Lulu can use Help, Pix! on Braum to bypass his Unbreakable, then use Glitterlance on champions behind Braum and/or use auto attacks to hit Braum himself with her Pix passive.
Tips For Playing Against Braum
- Braum must land Winter’s Bite or a basic attack to start Concussive Blows. If you get marked, exit combat range before getting hit 3 more times to avoid the stun.
- Unbreakable gives Braum extremely strong directional defense, either wait until it is down or outmaneuver the ability.
- Avoid grouping late game to avoid Braum’s area of effect ult.
- In the jungle, Braum’s ult is even more effective as the jungle pathways are smaller than in a lane. It makes it difficult to escape the slow area of his ult.
- Be wary of standing next to enemy minions, as it provides Braum the opportunity to dash next to you. Once caught in a melee trade with his Winter’s Bite (Q) still up it is hard to escape him.
By using the champions who counter Braum and the LoL Braum counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Braum players.