Akali is an assassin champion in League of Legends. Most of the times, summoner’s use Akali in mid lane. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Akali when playing mid lane.
Best Akali Counters
- Lee Sin
Akali Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Akali, you can finally counter pick Akali in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Akali. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Akali. After all, if you know how to play against Akali, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Akali in a lane.
Your Q and your E can reveal Akali in stealth. Use this to your advantage.
- Annie has a lot of Crowd Control. Use her full combo before Akali attempts to activate her Shroud.
- Also, because Annie has a huge AoE burst, Akali is still vulnerable to Annie’s W and R, even while she’s in her stealth.
- When Akali jumps on you, you have enough to avoid all 3 of her jumps. On the first jump WQ her, rooting her as you move back, on the second you can ult her and cast your E away for her 3rd jump as the ult ends resulting in a favorable trade for you.
- When she is in her shroud your Q if it hits her will break up like it would hitting any other target giving you her current location inside the shroud.
- Cast your W in the center of her shroud to stop her going anywhere.
- Post-6 be ready for whenever she jumps on you, you can easily react during her jumps travel time to proc a binding and pool on her as you walk away. Depending on Akali’s health you should judge whether or not you should ult for a kill or retreat.
- You should abuse auto attack harass from the get-go. At level 2 if you managed to take ~25% of her health off you should go for a Bind/Pool/Ignite kill attempt.
- Be extremely careful around her when your binding is on cooldown as she will be able to really screw you over without your main (crowd control) CC ability.
Tips For Playing Against Akali
- At level 6, try to prevent Akali’s use of Mark of the Assassin, as she can proc it twice using her dashes.
- Akali still takes hits by (area of effect) AOE abilities while inside her shroud.
- Choosing a champion with stealth reveal abilities such as Lee Sin makes things much harder for Akali as she is not able to use her shroud as freely.
- For other champs, try to carry a reveal ward against her so that she can’t use her shroud defensively. Or, B=buy and upgrade the oracles lens, it will negate the stealth she gains from her shroud.
- Akali excels at level 6, punish her in the lane as much as you can before she can get her ultimate.
By using the champions who counter Akali and the LoL Akali counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Akali players.