Ahri. The Nine-Tailed Fox of mid lane. Ahri is an APC mid lane champion that has good mobility at level 6 due to her ultimate. In this article, we give you some tips on how to effectively counter Ahri in a lane.
Best Ahri Counters
Ahri Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Ahri, you can finally counter pick Ahri in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Ahri. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Ahri. After all, if you know how to play against Ahri, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Ahri in a lane.
If you plan to use a Q W combo on Ahri in lane, W from your minions so that Ahri can’t charm you. A good Ahri will be able to interrupt your W mid-flight with her charm, if you are against one, be creative with the angles you from which you use your W.
When you W on to her and she misses charm, commit to the kill since her Orb will be too difficult to land and her only source of damage will be her Foxfires which won’t hurt that much in lane compared to LeBlanc’s kit.
- Build an Abyssal Scepter first against Ahri. It will make you seem like you are a full blown tank that deals tons of damage from her perspective.
- When you land a Q and decide to follow it up, use E ASAP to prevent Ahri from immediately charming you. This allows you to get the most part of your damage off on her and gives you time to run through her to make Charm even harder to land.
- When dueling for a kill keep count of Ahri’s dashes. She has 3 and you have 2, you should keep your second one and try to save it for her third dash.
- When engaging Ahri, bait her into trying to Charm to by making it look like you are an easy target to hit and dodge it by E’ing onto her bypassing the Charm and thus winning the trade that follows.
- When fighting in minion waves you can time your ult to dodge her Foxfires and Ultimate since they fire their charges on the cast, if she can’t see you they will all be wasted on minions.
Swain counters Ahri quite well. However, he is still vulnerable for the first 5 levels from her poke. Try to avoid her Q poke and stay behind minions to avoid her charm. If you land a W, quickly E, Q and back off, or ideally be behind your minions.
- All of Ahri’s abilities are telegraphed projectiles, you can easily windwall any of them. Ideally, you should windwall her charm to avoid the (crowd control) CC and damage amplification from it.
- Furthermore, you could also dodge her skill shots by using your E on minions during the laning phase.
Tips For Playing Against Ahri
- Be sure to stay behind minions to avoid Ahri’s charm.
- Once Ahri misses her charm, be sure to use the opportunity to harass/damage her.
- Ahri’s survivability/ means of escape significantly decreases when her ultimate is on cooldown. Hence, you should try to kill her/call for a gank when you know her ultimate is down.
- Remember that Ahri’s Q deals damage twice. Magic damage on the first hit and True damage on the return hit. Try to dodge her Q. Even if you get hit by the initial cast, avoid getting hit when her orb returns to her.
By using the champions who counter Ahri and the LoL Ahri counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Ahri players.