Fastboot is a special mode for writing data to your phone’s flash memory. You can use it to flash images such as recoveries (TWRP), bootloaders, and kernels to your Android device (and so much more). Here’s how to boot HTC U11 Fastboot Mode.
How To Get To HTC U11 Fastboot Mode
- Turn off your HTC U11.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Next, connect your phone’s USB cable to your computer (do not connect to phone).
- On your phone press and hold the Volume Down button for a few seconds.
- While holding down Volume Down connect the micro USB cable to your smartphone.
- Your phone should then load fastboot mode.
- When that happens, release Volume Down.
There’s an alternative method that you can try if the above does not work for you. It is a bit more complicated and requires Android SDK tools.
From here on, I’ll assume that you already installed the SDK tools and have already enabled developer options on your HTC U11.
How To Reboot Fastboot Mode On HTC U11 – Method 2
- On your computer go to the Android SDK folder.
- Power on your HTC U11.
- Then, connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- On your computer, from Android SDK, open a cmd window: press and hold the Shift keyboard key and right-click on any blank space – then, choose ‘open command prompt window here’.
- In the cmd window enter ‘adb reboot bootloader’.
- Wait while the reboot automatically completes.
- After, the fastboot mode should be displayed on your HTC U11.
For devices that are already rooted, you can use an app from the Google Play Store to reboot your HTC U11 into Fastboot mode.
The most popular option is to use Quick Reboot. Simply install the app and follow the onscreen options to get going. Remember that your device needs to be rooted for it to work.
These are the 3 easiest ways to boot your HTC U11 into Fastboot mode. If you still have trouble accessing fastboot mode you can leave us a comment.
The terminology for fastboot varies from device to device. To clarify fastboot mode is the same as download mode for Samsung and bootloader on other devices.
In the Quick Reboot app, you may see the option to reboot to bootloader. Rest assured that it is the same as rebooting to the fastboot mode or bootloader.
What To Do If You Can’t Get Out Of Fastboot
- Install ADB and fastboot from XDA Developers.
- Make sure to install the proper USB drivers for your device and connect it to the computer.
- In a terminal window, type fastboot reboot and press enter.
Other articles that may interest you: