0xc00000e9 Unexpected i/o Error Fix: The 0xc00000e9 error occurs when there exists a lack of coordination between the hardware and software components of your Windows computer. This can be in the form of a faulty driver, a faulty piece of hardware, etc. There is a simple 0xc00000e9 solution, however, we'll take you through all the ways that you can troubleshoot this error on your computers.
|Did you know? "DNS Server errors" are common on Windows computers. Have you seen any? Read How to Fix "DNS Server Unavailable" Error for further information.|
Table of Contents
You can start to troubleshoot the 0xc00000e9 Windows 7 error by removing certain devices attached to your computer. However, not all devices should be removed. Follow the instructions below for more information:
|Did you know? Windows 10 is Microsoft's latest OS. There are many new tips and tricks that you can learn to improve the user experience. Read: Windows 10 User Guide|
Remove all the peripherals
You need to remove all peripheral devices. This means removing all I/O devices. By doing this, you will have isolated the system from the attached devices. The only peripheral device not to be removed is the monitor. Hence, if there are issues with any of these I/O devices, the error should now disappear. If not, proceed to the next steps.
Boot BCD 0xc00000e9
An unexpected I/O error has occurred.File:BootBCD: Perform chkdsk which will repair the bad sectors of the hard drive. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- Type chkdsk/ f, chkdsk/r, chkdsk/i, chkdsk/c in the commands listed below i.e. (/f, /r , /i, /c).
Try to load BIOS to default and check if you have a similar issue. Also, I would suggest you to rebuilt BCD. To do this, follow these steps:
|Did you know? Error 8007000d is one of the many errors that can occur on Microsoft's latest OS. Have you seen it? Read Windows Update Error 8007000d Fix for further information.|
To run the Bootrec.exe tool, you must start Windows RE. To do this, follow these steps:
- Put the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
- Press a key when you are prompted.
- Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
- In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
- Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Type bootrec /RebuildBcd , and press Enter.
How to FIX Error 0xc00000e9 Windows 8
pcvarious: 7 methods to fix windows error 0xc00000e9 in one video.
|Did you know? Error 0x80004005 is one of the many errors that can occur on Microsoft's latest OS. Have you seen it? Read How To Fix Error 0x80004005 for further information.|
There you have it. The various ways that you can troubleshoot the 0xc00000e9 unexpected i/o error. If you have any queries or tips then please leave a comment below. If this article helped you then please share it so that others can get help as well. Thanks for reading 0xc00000e9 Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 Fix.